DIARY DATES & VENUES - Full Listing for Bristol and Exeter
Call 01981 540708 For your invitation
- Seminars/business workshops - coffee from 10am and they start at 10.30am - a networking opportunity
- Informal networking with drinks including wine from 11.45am - watch it here!
- Sit down for 2 course, served and structured networking lunch, with drinks and coffee, from 12.30pm
- Lunch speaker
- Event finishes at 2pm
Cost of Events
Covering seminar, coffee, 2 course lunch with drinks (wine available) and coffee, numerous senior decision makers, event programme with delegate list and post event follow up details
2014 and 2015 Members £30 inc VAT - Visitors £36 inc VAT
- Visitors can come and experience an event with no obligation to join.
- To attend future events membership is required.
- Full details available at the event you attend.
- From £250 + VAT/year (Bristol) and £345 + VAT (Exeter)
- Membership can be paid monthly
- No joining Fee
For your invitation call 01981 540708 or Click Here or email
Diary of events below Click on the date to get more details
05 November 2014 - Lord Haldon Country Hotel, Exeter
The event begins with a seminar that is sure to add value to your business or organisation. Research shows that trade shows and exhibitions are going to continue being an asset to your company’s marketing mix - courtesy of Graphic Colour
- 82% of the attendees have some kind of buying authority. That’s more than 4 out of 5 people walking down the aisles towards you.
- #1 reason for attendees is to see new products.
- Attendees spend an average of nine hours and 2.3 days (per show) visiting exhibits
- 85% of decision makers say attending trade shows saves their company time and money by bringing vendors together under one roof.
- 85% of an exhibitor’s success lies in the performance of the staff.
- 53% of exhibit managers say its “difficult” or “very difficult” to keep effective booth staffers.
- Trade show visitors will tell 6+ people about their experience.
Speaker: Guy Arnold - Sales Through Service
12 November 2014 - Old Down Manor , Bristol
Seminar before lunch
Being hosted by Airhead Animation – Colouring in for Business Success
Grabs attention, communicates quickly, great engagement, lasting impression, your story brought to life, brings your service/product to life, exciting, diversity, testing options made easy, for training, for marketing…..
Script, story board, voice, music, colour, characters, props, logo, screen captures, rendering, publishing, sharing, hand drawn, kinetic text, photographic, whiteboard or not, DIY or professional….
The seminar will give you enough information to make the right choice as to how you can incorporate animation in your business. Seminar attendees leave equipped with some basic tools which they can develop for themselves together with an insight as to where online marketing communications is heading and why video & animation are central to these changes and how it can be incorporated into their business.
Coffee and networking from 10.00am - seminar starts at 10.30am and runs until 11.45am. (optional,always rewarding, included in the price and a great networking opportunity)
And a new venue!
Old Down Manor is one of the leading conference venues in Bristol. This Bristol conference venue rests in an idyllic location with breath taking panoramic views across the river Severn to the brooding Black Mountains beyond. Approached via a tree lined avenue the magnificent Victorian gothic Manor House sits amidst 60 acres of beautiful formal gardens, grazing land, and age old woodland.
Our Bristol conference venue is ideal for corporate events, conferences and business meetings. This very special house has recently undergone a spectacular renovation and whilst it now provides every nuance of modern day living, it still manages to retain the whispers of history in its original walls.
Speaker: Matt Richardson - Recognition Express
10 December 2014 - Exeter Golf and Country Club
Hosted by Compass Resolution
You may have heard about mediation. You will certainly know something about conflict but have you ever watched a mediator it in action. A ringside seat is now your opportunity!
John Hind, Director and Founder of Compass Resolution Mediation and his two colleagues, Bob Prior and Pippa Basset are going to put their heads on the block and run a mediation role play, for all to see.
- You will have the opportunity to watch a workplace mediation unfold before your very eyes.
- You will have the chance to ask the participants questions while they are still in role, gaining insights into how people behave under pressure.
- You will see how John manages the conflict and moves the participants towards a successful outcome with a range of interventions.
The “Compass Resolution journey” began with my first job as a British army captain in the 80’s where I experienced first-hand the negative impact of conflict on people’s lives, the importance of supporting people to manage and cope with the effects of conflict and the positive power of effective team working and support.
When I left the army in 1989, having studied law at University, I was drawn to civil litigation which fed my natural instincts to support and protect my clients' interests.
However, the catalyst for my professional transformation came in 1998 when I trained as a family mediator. I discovered that this way of working resonated with my facilitative nature where the emphasis is on supporting people to work together, making their own decisions and reaching their own solutions in difficult situations, when they are often at their most vulnerable. This has been reinforced by my practice as a collaborative lawyer, civil and workplace mediator since 2005.
At Compass Resolution we are committed to;
- providing the most effective mediation and facilitative support enabling our clients to work together to reach their own outcomes by providing access to a full range of professional support and information, when they need it and at a price they can afford and agreed from the outset.
- supporting individuals to work within conflictual family and workplace environments.
- supporting mediators to develop and market their own family and workplace mediation businesses
- training others in mediation and faciltative skills helping many towards full mediation accreditation.
This is a life-long project and passion…
Speaker: Exeter Business Network Charities Families for Children, St Loye's Foundation, Devon Air Ambulance, WESC Foundation
17 December 2014 - The Bristol Hotel
LP Wealth Management & Octopus Investments - a session around VCT’s and EIS’s
During this seminar some of the strategies we will talk to you about could be beneficial if you have cash sat in your bank account or are keen to reduce your tax bill. For example information could include:
- Plan for retirement using investments that offer income tax relief and a tax-free income – plus access to the capital
- Claim a total of up to 70% tax relief by channelling the proceeds of a Venture Capital Trust (VCT) investment into a pension plan
- Reclaim tax paid in the last tax year
- Defer the capital gains tax due on the sale of assets
- Release the proceeds of a property sale over a number of years to make the best use of capital gains tax allowances
- Gain exemption from inheritance tax for an investment in just two years, without giving up access to the assets
- Recover exemption from inheritance tax, without a qualifying period, on assets that business owners or farmers have sold in the past three years
Options like these are all available through government-backed initiatives such as Enterprise Investments Schemes (EIS), Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) and Business Property Relief (BPR). What’s more, the investment products involved are varied enough to suit a wide range of investors, from those seeking long-term growth to others who are more cautious and would rather focus on capital preservation.
Do you want to find out more – come along and hear Dominque ….
More about your host Dominique Butters
Dominique has more than twenty years experience Financial Services, six of them spent with Octopus covering the South West and Wales.
Dominique has a Diploma in Financial Planning and the Society for Trusts and Estate Planning (STEP) Certificate. She started her career on the management training programme in Lloyds Bank, Exeter, then became a financial consultant herself within the bank and advised private clients for over eleven years, mainly in the South Hams area of Devon.
After a time at Towry Law as an Independent Financial Adviser specialising in inheritance tax planning, Dominique joined Clerical Medical as a broker consultant. She spent five years covering advisers in the South West and went on to work on the investment specialist team as a technical and training manager in Bristol.
Dominique loves skiing, walking, pilates, going to spas and has a very British love of afternoon tea!
Speaker: The Jessie May Trust
07 January 2015 - Sandy Park - Exeter
14 January 2015 - Mercure Holland House Hotel & Spa
04 February 2015 - Exeter Golf and Country Club
11 February 2015 - The Bristol Hotel, Bristol
04 March 2015 - Bridwell Park,
A new Venue for Business Network SW
1 mile from Junction 27 of the M5
This handsome, classic Georgian house set in 120 acres of verdant, rolling parkland, boasts magnificent views across the Culm Valley, and is the much loved family home of Lord Ivar Mountbatten.
Hidden from public gaze for over 240 years, the house will shortly be opening its doors for guests to enjoy Bridwell Park on an exclusive use hire basis for the very first time.
A haven of peace and tranquillity waits, and yet Bridwell Park is ideally located less than 1 mile from Junction 27 of the M5, and only 2 miles from the mainline rail station at Tiverton Parkway.
11 March 2015 - Old Down Manor , Bristol
15 April 2015 - Sandy Park - Exeter
Speaker: Rob Wingrove - Rugby World Cup Travel and Hospitality
22 April 2015 - The Bristol Hotel, Bristol
13 May 2015 - Exeter Racecourse and Conference Centre
20 May 2015 - Old Down Manor , Bristol
10 June 2015 - Exeter Golf and Country Club
17 June 2015 - Mercure Holland House Hotel & Spa
08 July 2015 - Lord Haldon Country Hotel, Exeter
15 July 2015 - Old Down Manor , Bristol
05 August 2015 - Bovey Castle
Bovey Castle is situated in the beatiful Dartmoor National Park, in the heart of Devon. The hotel is easy to locate, just 45 minutes drive from Exeter International Airport and 40 minutes from Exeter St David's Station.
12 August 2015 - Mercure Holland House Hotel & Spa
09 September 2015 - Sandy Park - Exeter
16 September 2015 - The Bristol Hotel, Bristol
07 October 2015 - Exeter Golf and Country Club
14 October 2015 - Old Down Manor , Bristol
04 November 2015 - Exeter Racecourse and Conference Centre
11 November 2015 - Mercure Holland House Hotel & Spa
09 December 2015 - Sandy Park - Exeter
Speaker: Supporting Exeter Business Network charities
16 December 2015 - The Bristol Hotel, Bristol
Speaker: Supporting Bristol Business Network charity